Sunday, October 2, 2022

Gloomy Britain

 Dear Marmite


This week the weather has turned to Autumn. You can feel the pinch of cold in the air. I have already sifted through my warmer clothes and I will be wrapping up even more these coming days as we all need to mind how we use elctricity and gas. Putin is blamed for the hike in energy prices and while he is somewhat to blame, it is mostly the path chosen by the government that has created our collective misery. This is where your marvellous fur coat would be ideal.

I booked a tennis camp down in Suffolk and this was the first time I had seen the sea since coming home. It was grey. It was uninviting - especially as the water companies have emptied raw sewage into our coastal waters this year. However, I was there for tennis and that is what I did. It was wonderful. 




I met a most fantastic group of ladies who shared my love of gin. Drinking gin and playing tennis compliment each other - gin being a much needed pain reliever after a session on court. As I now realise, the older I get the more pain relief I need!

We went to Fishers in Aldeburgh for a tasting session straight after 5 hours of tennis. The special flavours of this gin come from the plants foraged along the banks of the watercourse that feeds the sea. There is a slight saltiness about the finished product that makes it quite unique. Both the good company and the experience made it wholly worthwhile. hic! 

Yesterday I played a match for my club at Winslow. My new partner for the day - Nasser - played his socks off in his debut match. I am just about recovered enough to go out for social tennis this morning. This afternoon I have promised to help Danielle do some housework so tonight a good massage wouldn't go amiss - if only!

A slightly decimated quiz team hit my local for the monthly quiz last Thursday. Stephen and I joined a lovely couple for the evening and yet again we won! When I turned up for the quiz, a man from the next table told me to drink more so that they could have a chance. What a lovely reputation to have!


You, Marms and I have well and truly finished the 58 mile swim challenge and you are now signed up for the cross channel swim. So far we are 6 miles into it. Stick with me and we'll reach France. I imagine you with me all the way! I got a bit of a shock when I saw the membership prices off my local pool - they have gone up by £50 a year - shock, horror! 

My huggable other

So, that is about all my news for the week. At least this last week will be remembered as being special for the holiday I had in Thorpeness. Keep the pictures coming. I so want to hug you when I see you.

Loving you as always

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment