Monday, March 13, 2023

In praise of Paper Cow!!!!

Dear Marmite

Another week has passed and my cough, cold, snotty nose and numerous coldsores are only just beginning to fade - I still don't have a voice though. I have to say that Nin Jiom Pei-Pa Kao has been the only thing that has helped me and it took my son, Sammi to take me on a trip to Dundee to find it. This should really be in praise of my son too. 

Having been under the weather for some time now, I feel I have researched enough different cures to categorically recommend "Paper Cow". Every home should keep a bottle just in case!


The funeral seems a long time ago  because so much has happened since then and yet it is still very much in my mind. Danielle and Richard could not have put together a more beautiful send off for Hope. Despite the horrible, miserably wet weather, friends and family came from far and wide to be with them. The little pink coffin will stay in my mind for ever. It is a metaphor for an upside down, unjust world. 

On the brightside, because of the snow Ezra-Mae got yet another "No-man" in her front garden. Sammi and I set off for St Andrews on the Thursday while it was snowing. I packed emergency rations, a polar sleeping bag and lots of water just in case we ended up stranded in the heavy snows that were predicted. We went through a bad patch in the Midlands but north of that the weather got better and better. Sheffield had fourteen inches of snow. I know that because I have walked through the slush left over this morning! 

We were lucky not to get caught, especially as most of the rations were gone well before we got to St Andrews! The weather up there was beautiful. I met up with old friends for lunch at the Balgove - lovely place. Sammi joined us late - now there's a surprise! We also did the V&A in Dundee - another lovely place. All topped off with a Cri-pie in St. Andrews - the best pies ever. So all in all not a bad trip and worth chancing the bad conditions for. We even managed to get to a B&Q and buy supplies for Sammi's renovating project  - already the house is looking better. 



On top of this got hugged by Sammi's footballing friend just because I was his Mum - the footballer was lovely even though he was in full Scottish brogue and a little worse for wear on that Saturday afternoon. I also met up with the person who had read this blog in Antarctica - This means my blog has been read on all seven continents.  All in all, I had a wonderful trip. Thank you, Sammi.

On Sunday I set off for Sheffield to stay with Anita. I decided on a cultural detour to Morpeth. I visited a National Trust property - Cragside -  for an interlude in the journey south. Fascinating - the property originally in the hands of William Armstrong is the first place in the world to be powered by hydroelectricity - clever man! 




So here I am, in the warm watching parallel rain drive across the garden. I did my 10,000 plus steps through slush in totally the wrong shoes. I walked a little dog called Winnie, who has probably done her 40,000 steps and is now curled up next to me. 

That walk could have been you, Marms. 

Love you!!

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment