Sunday, February 14, 2021

Gong Xi Fa Cai

 Dear Marmite


Happy Chinese New Year. This year it is the year of the Ox and according to the horoscope we should be in for a much better time. Let us hope that that is going to happen in reality for everyone's sake.

I put some Chinese music on youtube the other day to get me in the mood. Gong xi gong xi ni ya is played on a continuous, unrelenting loop in supermarkets everywhere in Singapore for at least two weeks before the holiday. In Singapore you cannot escape the song. I wanted to be reminded that it really is CNY plus it is for me a touch of nostalgia  - I only needed to play it once as it is the sort of song that gets into your brain and won't let go. I am singing it in my head as I write. 

There are other things that are working their way into my head as well. Ezra-Mae gets more alert every day so Danielle has started singing nursery rhymes and kiddie songs. So mixed with Gong xi gong xi ni ya I have "There's a worm at the bottom of the garden and her name is Ezre-Mae". As you can see, Marms my head is not in a good place. " I love you, you love me...arghhh....... EAR WORMS! 

Yesterday the temperature was mimus 5 and doggies all around  likely felt it in their paws. Shadow went out in the snow the other day, got really excited and ran round in circles. Probably not your thing, Marms - I know you don't do "excited".  I thought at the time, she must remember a time way back in Singapore when it was hot all the time. Babies didn't need wrapping up so they look like model Micheliin men over there.



I know that you are out celebrating the holiday with friends today. You have your own reunion get-together - you lucky old man. You in Singapore are allowed to be in groups of 8. I can only imagine how much fun you had.

Today, it is Valentine's Day... big read hearts heading your way, Marms - catch them if you can.

Hugs all round,

Love you!!!

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment