Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Oooops a daisy

 Dear Marmite


At last the sun is shining and all is well with my little world. I wish the same could be said for all the people who are now homeless because Putin's ego has caused devastation and upheaval on a scale unthinkable. I have found it too much to listen to the news on the radio or read reports of the war in The Guardian. It is beyond my imagination the suffering he has created. Here I am in a green and pleasant land where my government has managed to sort just fifty visas for Ukrainians. Again, it is beyond comprehension how incompetent and callous this Home Office is. This is a war crime in itself.

I could go on and get really political. I won't Marms. I promise. I have pledged myself to not use my car any more than absolutely necessary and burn fuel that might have come from Russia and I am conscious of not using gas in the home any more than the minimum. I am taking my own little stand hoping that nothing I do will help the Russian economy. 

So, with the sun shining, I set off on my bike this morning heading for the swimming pool for a swim with Danielle and Ezra-Mae. I didn't get far. I fell off just outside my house - the gears got stuck and they wouldn't slip into the lowest ratio. Ooops a daisy! So there I was lying on the road with the bike by my side hoping that no one else would notice. 

I quickly recovered from my embarrassment, sorted out the chain and set off for the tow path. Luckily, I rolled and didn't fall heavily. No real damage done - the swim ironed out any possible niggles - I only did 1000m today as the main reason for swimming was play time in the baby pool for us Woolheads. 

Ezra-Mae - at thirteen months-  is a real waterbaby. She loves the water. She doesn't mind being splashed and she goes under without fussing. Danielle - proud Mum - and I sat chatting to the swimming instructor in the water and she said how many parents are really nervous about letting their children get water on their faces. I am glad that Danielle is chilled with Ezra-Mae. We spent some time pushing her back and forth on a float and then she slipped off and went under... ooops! No harm done!

I have also taken up a new hobby - of sorts. I went to my local village hall for a table tennis club the other evening. As you know, Marms, I have only really ever played with my children so I am not particularly good. Surprisingly, I managed to hold my own with the gentlemen of the village and am looking forward to going along again. Danielle said she would join me and tell the others that she had only really ever played with me - her Mum. I should get Sammi to join as well - although anyone playing him needs nerves of steel and the ability to duck quickly.

Talking of ducking... I planted seeds and shrubs in my garden. After all the digging I swept up and thought how neat it was. Later that day, I found bits of earth all over the paving slabs. The culprit, I later found, was a mighty crow who was systematically digging up the seeds from the tubs. Now I'll be surprised if anything comes up. I am prepared to throw things at birds who undo the good that I have done. They had better learn to duck! I have included a picture of my front garden with the new stones in. It was taken from my bathroom window so it is a bird's eye view.



So Marms, planting seeds, setting off cycling  - all signs that better weather is here. 

I am sure you would love it - especially with that thick coat of yours

Love you as always


XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment