Monday, January 9, 2023

New Year, New Beginnings

 Dear Marmite

I have got to Day 9 of my New Year and I am still on track with my fitness regime. Besides my swimming, table tennis and tennis, I am now struggling to get into new and contorted shapes on the yoga mat. 

These shapes all seem to have animal names; frog, cat, cow, cobra, down dog are now part of my new daily routine and at the moment it does hurt a little. I suppose this is par for the course as my body does things it is not used to doing.

I am also having a dry January or sorts. I am not drinking in my house. I seem to have rather a collection of good wines and a few spirits lying around so all these will just have to gather dust til February now.

The down side of this time of year is that it is pretty muddy and after my bike accident I am a little more cautious about cyling through squelch. At least that doesn't stop me from going out. Today, I managed to cut back the dead stuff after the really cold snap. This means my compost heap is bursting at the seams and I am glowing from pottering around outside. 

Compost heap!

Sammi left last week for Scotland so I now have the house to myself again. Last weekend I spent in Stevenage with Ann. We went to the local Panto. This was sort of fun but not a great panto. The scenery and costumes were really well done but the main characters were weak and the script was poor. Still, pantos are what we do at Christmas time so I can tick that one off my list for this year. Now it is just another year and another day. 

It looked much better in the flesh.. so to speak

We still have a lot of disruption because of industrial unrest - all because the government won't come to terms with what they have done to the country. All in all, it is not a good place to be. You have the sunshine. You have the good life. You are a very lucky old man. If only we could start again and look at this whole mess with people at the centre instead of capitalism - what a better place 2023 would be.

Love you,

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment