Thursday, February 9, 2023

Blessing in Abundance

 Dear Marmite


Earlier this week I wrote  and told you the news of baby Hope. She is still in Leicester Hospital in the care of experts and she is coming up to a week old. It has been a week that I can not easily describe. Danielle has been up in family accommodation in the hospital while Rich has taken care of Ezra-Mae and then they swap places and Danielle comes home to Ezra-Mae and Wolverton to a life that is anything but normal. 

Eaxh day I get updates on her progress. It feels like she takes two steps forward and one step back. When she is a week old, they will do a scan to check her brain function. As yet she is being kept alive on life support. Words cannot express the mental turmoil and feelings I have. I just want Danielle to know that I am there for her.


I'm doing my bit. For the time being I have Shadow. At 12 she is still a lively dog who doesn't mind being dragged over muddy fields. We go out twice a day and she is always eager to have her harness on. She was aptly named. She likes to be near me. Her mat has been dragged into my bedroom and she comes into the bathroom to watch me go to the loo. Please take note Marms, the word walkies makes her excited. Shadow is my new best friend!

While I look after Shadow I have had others look after me. Ann has stayed with me for a few days. Canasta and Scrabble have filled our time very nicely. Singapore friends were around at the weekend and we spent a lovely afternoon at the Barley Mow. 

I have been touched by how much love and support everyone has shown. We have all been truly blessed. From all our friends who are praying for Hope I know that we have all the bases covered. I think we are only missing prayers from a Taoist and a Catholic to ensure all hotlines to God have been engaged. The world is full of love and I know we are all more alike than we are different. I thank you all for the love you share. I can feel that love.

Richard's company have just offered to pay for a hotel room near the hospital. This means that the family can stay together at this time and that is so much better for each of them.

Danielle and Ezra-Mae went up this afternoon to join Richard. I now have a moderate list of items she needs me to bring along tomorrow when I visit Hope. Mums are useful for some things.

Love you Marms. I know your thoughts are with us


XXX

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you, Andrea. These times in the valley of life are so hard. Glad you have a dog to walk and share presence with you in your grief.

    ReplyDelete