Saturday, October 2, 2021

Another Omnishambles

 Dear Marmite


I pleased to announce I behaved myself while I tested positive for COVID and was allowed to leave isolation last Sunday. I have to say I quite enjoyed the enforced calm and made the most of it painting my bedroom. It is nearly finiished and now I need an electrician to change some sockets and the light. Once that is done, room number one will be finished. 

I am also a little lighter as a result of not being able to eat. That can only be good news. The worst part was not wanting to drink coffee. This has been a habit of mine for as long as I can remember so I felt a bit lost on that score. Now things are back to normal on that front. I have a full set of taste buds once more.

I still have a cough which isn't too bad. I got some Pei Pa Koa from Amazon. In fact, I got two bottles just in case. This is magical cough medicine that I used to get in Singapore. It tastes so nice it is almost worth having a cough to have an excuse to take it. 

All in all, my little existence isn't too bad. It is all the things that are happening around me that prove that Britain is sinking under the weight of total incompetence. We have petrol shortages. The shelves of the supermarket are under-stocked and prices seem to be higher each time I shop. 

The other day, I drove to another part of Milton Keynes to fill up my car as a friend told me that there had just been a delivery at Bletchley Tesco. I set off on an empty tank and did the last 3 miles on empty. It is a miracle I even got onto the forecourt of the garage. What strange times when the TOM TOMS send messages to let people know where the petrol is.

Way back in the 1970s we lived through a 3-day week, blackouts and continuous striking. I can imagine we are heading for another winter of discontent. Energy prices have gone through the roof already. I am fortunate. I don't have to make decisions between food and heating like many will.

As of today I can tell you what it means to me. I have put plans to travel to visit friends on hold. It seems cherlish to drive around for my pleasure when there are people who need to get around for their livelihood. I normally cycle to the pool and to local places so short journeys won't be affected. 

So as you can see, Marms, you are in a better place. Even Shadow baulked at going out in the rain the other day. It is much colder and wetter over here. You wouldn't like it either.

Sending you hugs from a long way away.

Love you as always

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment