Monday, April 20, 2020

Our Beautiful World

Dear Marmite


I am getting used to not doing. Perhaps the more time I have, the less I actually do do. My new motto that has slipped into my life is: " Don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow."

The new bathroom is mostly done but because of shopping restrictions the shower doesn't have a glass screen and there are a couple of other itsy bits that need sorting as well. Like the rest of my life those small details will get sorted hasta manana. The power is out of my hands so I won't lose sleep over this.



I have also given up reading too many "coronavirus" things. They fill the internet. Their content is mostly laden with doom and gloom. The more I have read, the more I feel we have not looked beyond the end of our noses. Don't get me wrong, Marms, what is happening to us in this world is a truly terrible thing. There is no doubt about it. Inside that terrible thing are opportunities to change the very nature of our world for the better. I believe we she focus on this.

On a walk through the town we spied mother duck taking her babies for a walk past the town hall. I can't say much for her parenting skills though. She hopped up the kerb and left her little charges to struggle up what must have seemed like a mountain to them. One or two of them nearly didn't make it onto the verge and she didn't look back once.

Around me, hedgerows have sprung to life and people have time to smile and nod as you pass by at an acceptable distance. There is space to take in beauty and delight in small things like seeing rabbits bob along a lane or a fox jump through a hedge. Nature has the chance to connect with us now we are not able to consume.

You well know Marms that shopping is not my favourite pursuit and despite living in a shopping paradise for nearly 24 years, I never got the bug. This current life is not so different from my life before. So I don't miss wandering through malls. There are things I need, but again, these can wait. Hasta manana!

What is most important is that I have time for coffee - lots of it. Now I am retired, there is always a time for a cuppa. That is what I am doing right now. It just happens to be coffee time.

By the way, Shadow sends her love. She is 9 years old now and so settled into being an English dog. I am sure those country walks would fill you with dread. Trust me... they are lovely. As are my cycle rides which are around 15 miles these days.

Love you as always and miss you so much.. Thanks for those daily selfies. You are quite a poser.

Love

XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment