Sunday, January 17, 2021

Big day ahead - I'm in charge of Shad the Bad!

 Dear Marmite



Amidst all the other really rather tedious days this one will stand out. This is the day that Danielle goes into hospital to have Billie Bump. I had a Simba moment in a dream last night where I held up a baby girl to the world. This is actually the first dream I have had about the baby and she was definitely a Billie! If this dream is truly prophetic it will be the first time ever that I have been right about the gender of an unborn. Watch this spot, Marms!

As you know, Danielle is being induced two weeks early. She was born in a VW Beetle at the traffic lights near The Grand Memorial Hospital on Grand Bahama so with this in mind I have suggested to Richard he drive Danielle through as many sets of traffic lights as he can in a city that is all roundabouts to encourage the birth along. He reckons the big roundabout just north of us in Old Stratford which feeds the A5 would be a good a route as any. It has three sets of traffic lights all in one place. If he goes round there enough times without exiting then that should do the trick.

There is a downside to this. With all the traffic cameras in operation, police might be onto his strange behaviour after a while and pull him over. I realise this could take a lot of explaining to your average PC Plod. It would, however, make a good headline. 

I also think it could be a little safer than entering the COVID war zone in MK Hospital. The numbers are still rising and only now has the government tumbled on the fact that people coming and going from Britain are potential carriers. So now flights are restricted even more. People can currently arrive in the UK, travel by puplic transport to anywhere and in the country and isolate or not - as they wish. I know from multiple sources that no one bothers to check up on what you do.

In true Bumbling Boris fashion, the second dose of the vaccine has been delayed from 21 days to 12 weeks. The promise of blanket school testing has also gone out of the window. That man would have trouble organising a piss up in a brewery. At the end, each one of us suffers from his gross incompetence. 

As for me, I still have an asthmatic cough. It gets me when I move from indoors to outside and vice versa. Fortunately, it guarantees space in a supermarket so that is a net benefit of having a wheeze. I have had a COVID test and I am negative. I was positive it wasn't the virus even before I got tested.

I have stepped up to the plate and now I am looking after Shadow. I have promised to walk her, feed her and not kick her about too much. She is also moving into my bedroom for the duration!! Her old habits of biting your ankles, Marms, and muscling in on anything meant for you are probably ingrained even though she no longer has another dog to pester. I still call "Marmite" and she comes to me. She hasn't seen you for 6 years now - remarkable... 

So my lovely old man, our family is growing. Danielle and Richard have left the house for a journey that will last a life time.

Love you as always

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment