Sunday, February 23, 2020

A bit of a Squeeze this weekend

Dear Marmite

My current place of abode is so much smaller than the one we shared in Dairy Farm. It is feels even smaller as I now have a flatpack kitchen in the living room as well a the kitchen stuff from the container and the living room furniture as well. I couldn't swing a cat, leave alone a dog. Especially one your size.


Added to the cosiness of the downstairs is my treasured bike. It should live in the garage but as the previous tenants smashed the garage door, it doesn't work properly and it takes two people to open it. So, not wanting to leave it in a garden with blown down fences, I have it in the teeny hallway.

At least I have no excuse to get on my bike and ride! This is what I did yesterday. I took it to Treknology in town to get it checked over. Remembering I live in a city, I didn't go on one road the whole way to the centre. At one point I went through Bradwell village with its old stone houses - these are probably a couple of hundred years old. I was enthralled by being in the middle of the countryside yet also in a city.

In fact I was so enthralled with my surroundings I got lost a number of times and on the way home passed through Loughton Valley Park and past a Roman Villa twice. I  ended up going the wrong way along the canal and then went over a bridge and noticed a narrow boat going in the opposite direction on a parallel viaduct.

The biggest problem with cycling down country lanes is that there are no noticable landmarks and few sign posts. I cycled a long way in pretty strong winds giving me a really good workout and not one bead of sweat. I loved it!

I have also tried out the swimming pool I can see from my bedroom window. It is pretty good albeit a bit crowded.  I had to share a lane with four other people. In my mind I was hoping for the tranquility of Dairy Farm. I even got charged full price despite being offically an oldie! What a cheek.

On Monday the kitchen gets fitted! Hopefully the company who put the new windows in will take down the scaffold. Meanwhile I will continue to dig the garden to prepare my vegetable patch. My number one priority is rhubarb. I can imagine eating it already.

So as you can see, Marms, things are moving in the right direction. Even the daily temperature is rising. I know January was the hottest on record. It didn't feel warm to me and perhaps this is why there are so many climate crisis deniers. I even hope for my heating to be fixed this week.. luxury.

Love You

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment