Tuesday, February 18, 2020

A truly warm night

Dear Marmite

The house is getting cosy at last. Yesterday some really efficient double glazing men ripped out the old windows and fitted smart new clean ones!! Despite the central heating via radiators not being totally sorted, the house was warm and I actually slept through the whole night and woke up around 6.

Previously, and especially before my bedding arrived I actually got dressed for bed by adding layers. This is not quite as bad as when I fixed up Boswell Gardens and had to live without any radiators at all in November. Back then I wore a ski jacket, hat and two pairs of socks to bed.

Today these efficeint men  - Kev and Mark -  are here again to sort out the French windows and front door. My job is to supply coffee. When they depart the place won't be ready really. The list of other things that need to be done to make the place truly comfy is endless but I will chip away at it one task at a time.

Added to a slightly warmer house, now the storm has past, my phone says it is 5 degrees warmer than yesterday. Yesterday had blasts of sleet and driving winds and a few glimpses of the sun so I am not about to shed my winter woolies just yet but at least the gauge is moving in the right direction.

All to be sorted.. the kitchen is spread around the 
Living room still
I seem to find myself at B&Q more often than I would like to be. There are always a few screws and odds and sods that I need to get to keep things moving along. I bought new fence posts as the fence blew down in the first storm along the fences across almost the entire neighbourhood. A very nice man came round to fix it last Sunday but as the garage door is broken AGAIN! the posts are safely stored inside the garage and I can't break in. Even my beloved bike is beyond my reach... This is the very worst part of this.

So as you see Marms, I am getting there but there are obstacles in my way. On another note, the neighbourhood dogs seem friendly and quite well behaved. Behind my house is a recreation area. The dogs play there. Just think, in another time dimension you could have been there, lying down watching them exercise. I know you would have loved that.

Still missing you loads..

Love

XXX

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I didn't manage to catch up with you when I was in England Andie. I left on the 11th and the last few days were really hectic. Next time! Pat

    ReplyDelete