Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Rhubarb is on the menu!

Dear Marmite
Bilal, the plumber... but where are the others 

I am sitting in a living room still full of kitchen stuff. The temperature outside is 1c. I know this for two reasons; my telephone advertises this and I am without heating once again so my house is freezy cold beyond your imagination. My fingers are like lumps of ice.

I haven't haven't had a hot meal in days. I am deep need of a sympathetic ear at the very least. However, I have found a way to have fresh coffee. So as you can see all is not lost. The kitchen is a tichy one and I thought that it wouldn't take much time to sort out the removal of the old kitchen which is currently on my front "lawn". I was wrong.

There was a problem with the original plumbing and the plumber couldn't turn the water off at the mains outside. I called Anglian Water who came out in next to no time and we discovered that bill for number 65 - my place - had been paid for by number 67 for the past 18 years. The muddle is bigger than just these two properties. There are 5 involved in the muddle. What a big whoopsie!!

In the kitchen we are now back on track and today I have started to think about how the bathrooms will be done. These too have suffered. The downstairs toilet leaks, the top floor is a disaster zone and has been the source of water pouring through my ceiling yet again.... I need another repair job to the ceiling in the same place as before. This time due to another problem upstairs. I always wanted a place with my own swimming pool. I didn't actually want one in the living room though.

I have got rhubarb planted in my garden so things are looking up on the garden front. I have volunteered at the Community Orchard. This is a Transition MK project. I chose it because my son works for Transition so in a way I feel I am supporting him. Yesterday I dug a vegetable [ patch and repaired a trellis then took some rhubarb to replant in my own little patch.

Rhubard, shard, onion, strawberry and carrot. One of each

This has made me quite excited as I used to take bits from the herb garden at work to grow on my balcony and then add other bits that I had cultivated at home to the garden. This feels the same so I am going to shop for some unusual stuff that I can share with the community garden.. Let's hope my green fingers extend to northern climes. You could put a stick in the soil in Singapore and it would grow - I am not so sure it is as easy here.

So to summarise.. rhubarb is the current joy in my life. No kitchen, one working bathroom and no heating.. Things can only get better.

Still missing you and thinking about you all the time.

Love you, Marmite my old mate..

Hugs

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment