Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Open for Business

Dear Marmite

Today is the day!! My kitchen will be fully functioning by the end of today after a few hiccups and clitches along the way. Last night I even managed to cook for a friend after smearing the dust into the nether regions before lighting the gas ring. It was all rather last minute as the workmen were still around when I was wanting to get going. At least I am not suffering any ill affects from home cooking so things are looking up.
This one is in place of Cock and Bull, Rachel

I got up this morning and put some stuff that was previously on my living room floor into drawers. Wow, that felt good. Now I still have three toilets, a shower tray and glass panel for the shower to find better places for than behind the sofa. Although, part of me has considered the benefits of having multiple loos in the same place - just like they did in ancient Rome. Do you think this could be a trendsetter, Marms?

In the garden I have pulled apart two rotting fence panels and they are sitting on the patio area in bits. It was cathartic going at the wood with a hammer - almost as good as hitting a tennis ball.

The border got dug last Monday while the weather was dry and I have planted two fruit trees. The apple has already got green shoots that weren't there two days ago so this is promising.


I have my fingers crossed that the heating system will be fully functioning very soon indeed. Probably just about the time when I won't need it blasting out to stop me freezing.

So as you can see Marms, it looks like I am almost ready to welcome  my friends from across the globe to a warm and cosy place in Wolverton. Wolverton is an old town that developed along with the railways and it has many references to that in its buildings and infrastructure. It was absorbed into Milton Keynes, the new city famous for concrete cows and cycle paths.

Besides, my place is surrounded by countryside so good for walking in. ( Marmite ignore the walking bit... I don't intend to give you nightmares.) If you are thinking of a holiday, what better place could there be!

I still miss you every day and think what you would make of my new life here. Shadow will be moving in soon so I'll have a dog to kick once more!!

Love you

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment