Friday, November 22, 2019

A New Man in My Life

Dear Marms

I have fallen for another and You can call me fickle or anything you want. I know you would love him too and I hope that you will get to meet him before I leave.

Muffin is much younger than you and still quite daft. He is very affectionate and even though we have been together for just three days, I think we have really bonded. We go for a brisk early morning walk and he is very calm and walks very much like you do... only faster! AND... he gets excited when I pick the lead up. WOW!

I am staying in Old Upper Thompson Road right next to another National Park so in many ways it is just like Dairy Farm. You hear the birds chattering and there are monkeys all around. Staying here, you wouldn't believe that this is a very crowded small island.

Lower Peirce Reservoir is one of the oldest in Singapore. The park has recently been upgraded and there are 900m of  easily accessible wooden walkways where dogs are not allowed. It was named after the engineer Robert Peirce who was in Singapore around the turn of the twentieth century. It like many other places have been named after the people who contributed to the development of this beautiful island.

NParks do a great job looking after the flora and fauna, but to be honest, from my experience, you could put a stick in the ground and it would grow. What will I miss when I leave? Definitely the lush forests and the tropical sounds - money can't buy that sort of beauty.

Hoping to see you soon.

Love

XXX

1 comment:

  1. If you walk through the new Thompson nature park you might spot the Raffles Banded Langur, one of the rarest monkeys in the world

    ReplyDelete