Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Hugs all round



Dear Marmite

It was so lovely to see you again on Saturday. Being at my Dairy Farm Leaving Party was so appropriate and special. Remember the thousands of times we wandered around the estate on our "draggies" and how so many people addressed you by name but barely gave me a nod. You were definitely the famous half of our partnership.

The party was the best ever and it was Melanie who organised it. I was blown away by the whole thing and I even had a song sang to me from my bicycle. How clever is that? Thank you, Manicam. You have a great talent.

If we sat down and talked about where we came from to all end up in that room, I wouldn't be surprised if there was DNA from Vikings to Aborigines present in that one room. What is wrong with our world when literally the whole world could be represented in one room and party happily together because of their differences and not inspte of them? My life is so much richer for having you all as friends. That is one reason I love Dairy Farm... long may it stand!

The big take-away, which brings a touch of sadness, is the thought that there are some people that I probably will never see again and that at that moment they were all in the same room. For me, that is the big bad bit about leaving. There is, however,  a "leaving book" with a collection of other people's memories of me that I will take back to the UK and probably use as a CV. Although it has been done with humour, I think something like that would be a more accurate record than a serious CV for anyone wanting employment and it would be more entertaining to read for sure.

I see myself as basically an introvert. I don't seek out large groups and feel comfortable with my own company. Strangely the photo-record of the evening tells a very different story!

Oh boy, I will smile long and often about that night. Thank you for coming, Marms and Rita..

Love XXX





2 comments:

  1. Andrea, as a perhaps-not-quite-introvert but definitely an intrepid survivor, you will enjoy yourself anywhere and make friends easily. Your bicycle has spoken and it is so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry forgot to sign my above comment

    Manicam

    ReplyDelete