Saturday, November 23, 2019

The Watershed Moment

Dear, dear Marmite


Late last night I had an epiphany. I realised that I had turned a corner... a really BIG one... and I really was ready for leaving. The house is sorted, tax organised, money sorted and most of my trip planned. More to the point my head is slowly clearing the fugue of all that has gone before.

What is more, I realised that everyone seated around that table at Picotin on the Fairways Golf course in the heart of the jungle would be heading in the same direction as me sooner or later. In fact, we were actually making plans to meet up on the other side. Just think, all nine of us could actually be seated round a table somewhere in the UK one year from now. Obviously the conditions would be different - it would be much colder for a start - but possible.

I still feel sad that you won't be around to share the fun but you will be there in spirit and we'll never ever forget you, that's for sure. I have got other things to look forward to. I have long lost friends who have contacted me through Facebook and it will be so nice to see them again. That is one of the good things about FB - it keeps you connected and I realise I am connected to people across five continents - letter writing could never have done that for me. Thank you MZ.

I have also planted seeds for a Singapore reunion weekend in Old Blighty. The wine will be considerably cheaper... there is a high tax on alcohol over in Singapore plus sterling is worth diddly squat so it will seem an absolute bargain for a while, I am sure there will be a few glasses raised to the old times when we get together.

My family is back in the UK.. Hopefully my kids - a little older - will be a little wiser! I have been teasing Danielle about her buying a house with a granny flat for her old Mum... Sadly that has been met with derision. Only joking... remember Danielle, I love you especially when you are asleep.

I also have an EX who is now happily entwined with his new squeeze, "She who cannot be named". It would possibly be wise to give them both a wide berth. We don't want to deflate joy I currently feel about returning, do we?

Connections are so important.. love you loads, Marms. You are the best!!

1 comment:

  1. Rita

    Marms would in his element if he could travel on a proper seat..

    ReplyDelete